It uses an intuitive design called recipes that trigger when one event goes off.
Common Recipes I like to use:
- A lot of my clients maintain a brand identity, so when they update their profile picture of Facebook, I like to use this reciepe to also update their twitter profile picture: https://ifttt.com/recipes/8981-if-your-facebook-profile-picture-changes-then-update-your-twitter-profile-picture-too
- A lot of times I don’t have time to check some of my RSS aggregators so I would use this recipe to send me emails on RSS updates: https://ifttt.com/recipes/74043
- Now this one is an interesting one that I’ve only used a few times but if you want to leave a meeting or maybe look like you are important, you could try this recipe where you send a text and later you get a phone call. https://ifttt.com/recipes/12269-get-yourself-out-of-an-awkward-situation
These are just a few recipes, there are far too many out there! So go check it out yourself and see what kind of cool automation things you can add to your life!
- Works with a TON of platforms
- Super easy to do, no programming knowledge required!
- Some of the platforms update are a tad slower than others, but overall the speed if pretty good!
For more go to: https://ifttt.com/